The historic Laramie Plains Civic Center (LPCC) is an impressive building located in the heart of Laramie, Wyoming. The LPCC is the oldest school building in the state, originally built as the East Side School in 1878. In addition, the LPCC was also the first stone building in the Wyoming Territory. Following the original construction, the building had two major additions completed in 1928 and 1939. The building has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since March 17, 1981.
The LPCC began making significant contributions to the city of Laramie from its inception. The largest contribution of the building was made through educating the community's youth for 100 years until 1979, as well as providing a meeting place for the local members of the community. As a point of comparison, the LPCC has a longer history than the University of Wyoming, which was established in 1886. These historic pasts demonstrate that the LPCC is one of Laramie's irreplaceable treasures.
The LPCC has continued to grow and adapt to the needs of the Laramie community, striving to fulfill the role of education, recreation, retail, entertainment, and workplace.